Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Kangaroo Boy

Rachel and I are leaving Rome and flying to East Timor tomorrow. We are very excited and are prepared to be missionaries for Christ in lands foreign to us. Pray for us on our journey.

On to the blog, which has a bit of pre trip humor for everybody.

A. I am from Australia.
B. Kangaroos are from Australia.
C. Kangaroos can jump very high.

Therefore, according to some really great transitive law in Philosophy, I can jump very high.


One day the volunteers and I were playing soccer and I jumped to kick the ball. It was then that I truly discovered that I could be a professional jumper……..



I quit the soccer game and ran to the nearest small car. Then I jumped! It felt amazing, just like the first time Peter Pan flew into the night sky.




I ran across town as fast as humanly possible and did a leap in honor of Spiderman at the Coliseum.





I looked at the picture on my camera and quickly realized that I was on the wrong side!! Oh my! So I changed clothes and darted around to the front and leapt for joy.



So I said goodbye to the Coliseum with a last jump. I decided since I was so close to St. John Lateran Church, why not run there and jump as well?!?



St. John’s, how are you?



I borrowed some ladies orange scooter and scooted to the Vitoriano, which is this super big, imperial, WWII looking building. And then I jumped.


I left the scooter and jogged to the Trevi Fountain. But as I jumped my head got cut off….


After the disappointing head chop at the fountain, I went to Rome’s most famous blue-ish blob.



After the famous blob, I went skateboarding without a skateboard.



Well the day was halfway over at this point. So, needless to say I was getting tired. I remembered that I still hadn’t seen the Sistine chapel, so I jumped over the Vatican wall into the Vatican Museum. Unfortunately, they shoot you with lasers if you try to take pictures in the Sistine chapel, so this is as close as I could get.


I did a bit more Church hopping.


And then a little bit more.


Then I watched Ben Hur, and thought about the grand chariot races in the movie, so I ran out to the Circus Maximus where they happened in real life, and took a jumping picture.



It was now early afternoon, so I hopped onto this train. The fellow volunteers came along too. Here is the British one, Alex.


And we took it all the way to Assisi, where we jumped in front of St. Francis’s Church.


I skipped over to Florence and jumped in front of their most famous Church.


I thought to myself, I have had enough of Italian jumping, so I asked Rachel if she wanted to take a train to Ireland with me and do some hopping. She said yes, and got into the conductor’s seat. I said choo-choo and away we went.


We got to Ireland and it was cold, but the people were amazing, so I was further inspired to jump




In front of castles and everything else.


This really isn’t a jumping picture, it’s one of my atomic sneezes caught on film for all to see.



Rachel got in on the act and jumped her way to fame.



After Ireland we ran home. We had missed Rome, so we continued the day with our American friend Nora and our Irish friend Tracy, whom we brought back with us.


We all ran to the Pantheon and jumped with glee.



The day was nearly over at this point. It was a long day, but it needed a grand finale of a jump. So I leaped for St. Peter!

God Bless.
Brendan

4 comments:

singingdragon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
singingdragon said...

Mmm...Brenden likes jumping?

Alex said...

You left out the part about you jumping out of a kangaroo's pouch when you were but a wee lad...

Anonymous said...

wow, crazy jumping...you know, i'm from florida, and florida has flamingos, and flamingos have long stringy legs and only stand on one of their long stringy legs at a time...thus i only stand on one of my long stringy legs at a time...